Some of the changes:
- Adjustments to SCIC, PEP, and LUPAs
- Adjustments to reimbursement for Medical Supplies
- Revisions to the Case Mix
Case Mix Revisions include:
- Diagnosis and co-morbidity
- A "4 equation model"
- Multiple therapy thresholds
- Smoothing between thresholds
The target is to have these revisions implemented by January of 2008, which means the proposed rule will be drafted by January 2007, have a 60 day comment period, and write the final rule by July or August 2007. Stay tuned to NAHC or your state home care association for more updates on these revisions.
What are your thoughts on the proposed PPS changes? Add your comments below.