- Mike Ferris, CEO of Home Care Marketing Solutions, Chapel Hill, NC
- Bob Roth, Managing Partner of Cypres Home Care Solutions, Phoenix, AZ
- Pat Drea, Vice President for Operations, Visiting Angels, Haverford, PA
- Dennis Stack, Founder of America's Life Stories, Phoenix, AZ
I began the program by giving a little background on the Baby Boomers.
Who are Baby Boomers?
- Born between 1946 and 1964
- 78.2 million individuals
- 7918 will turn age 60 each day during 2006
- They are the children of the fastest growing demographic - the over 85 group
- They are positioned to inherit trillions of dollars over the next 10 years
- They are the major influencers for buying Private Duty Home Care
Baby Boomers were influenced by:
- The Viet Nam War
- War protests
- the Beatles
How to reach Boomers?
1. Create innovative communication and marketing techniques
- Web Site
- Print media
- Personal Notes
The key is not the techniques ... it's the implementation where innovation is key.
2. Create exceptional customer experiences.
According to Pat Drea, we need to move private duty from being a commodity to being a provider of exceptional experiences for our clients and their children.
- Quality of Life for their parent and themselves
- Not just service, but a solution for their parent
- Peace of Mind
- Customized services to meet individualized needs
- To shift from our product from a service to creating an experience
As an example of how Private Duty companies can help create experiences, Pat introduced two products to create lasting memories for clients and their families:
- iMemories used DVD video to capture old home movie film, slides, photos, and video in a customized creative memory
- America's Life Stories is a product that uses audio casettes and an interviewer to create an audio biography of the client for their family.
Dennis Stack presented an emotional story of his own personal experience and how he created this comapny to help Boomers capture the life story of their loved ones.
What are your thoughts about communicating with Boomers? Add your comments by clicking on the comments button below.