The Pennsylvania Homecare Association commissioned a study to examine the economic impact of homecare and hospice on the commonwealth of PA. Here are some interesting data that was reported in the study:
- The industry contributed $11.2 billion in direct economic impact, and $10.5 billion in indirect impact
- The economic impact of homecare and hospice was just slightly lower than the nursing home industry - $21.7 billion versus $23.5 billion
- Homecare and hospice provided 25% more jobs that nursing homes
- Homecare aide and personal care aide jobs are expected to grow by 70% in the next seven years - the fsatest growing job sector in the country
- Homecare and hospice generated more than $925 million in state and local taxes in PA in 2012.
For a complete look at the results of this study, see Impact of Homecare and Hospice Industry on Pennsylvania's Economy.